The Student Adventures operational team has been following the spread of the coronavirus known as COVID-19. At this time, the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Department of State and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended against travel to Mainland China, South Korea, Italy and Iran We are monitoring and following the travel recommendations set forth by the CDC and WHO along with the U.S Department of State.
At this time, all Student Adventure tours within the United Sates and Canada will proceed as scheduled. Though the media coverage can seem frightening, the CDC has advised that the immediate health risk to the general American public is low. The safety and security of our participants is our top priority, we will not allow travel if a student's safety is compromised.
For more information, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.
In the meantime, the CDC has released a list of preventative measures anyone can take to avoid contracting and spreading illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention Travel Link:
||COVID-19 information for Travelers | CDC
These destinations are experiencing sustained community transmission of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The virus can spread from person to person. Older adults and those with chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel.